Monday, October 1, 2007

MOMENTUM ZERO

DAY: 2
HALO PLAY TIME: 1 hour
MOVES LEARNED: How to yell at the television

With a little experience behind me, day two would certainly be the day that I completely master the game. Little did I know what was in store for me.

I started with the task I ended on the day before ... clearing a room full of bad guys/things. I finished today in the very same room. Effort-wise, it went something like this:

Attempt 1: Systematic and patient
Attempt 2: Systematic and patient
Attempt 3: Systematic
Attempt 4: Kamakazi
Attempt 5: Systematic then Kamakazi
Attempts 6-28: Rage, Strategy, Systematic, Kamakazi, Confusion, Bewilderment

I did learn a few things. Namely, how to back out of the room when I'm about to get finished off. I hesitate to call it a retreat, because a retreat implies some kind of order and discipline. My withdrawel had neither.

I also learned a valuable rule about the controller. No matter how hard I lean to the right or left, my game character does not avoid bullets, bombs, or flashes of light that look to be fairly dangerous. The plan for the future is to actually move the avatar, rather than move myself.

One hour, no progress. It may take me longer to win this game than I thought.

2 comments:

Linda Loo and Ger said...

Those pics are the funniest things in the world. Did you have to medicate Ed for that picture. Looks like it. Interesting blog....

zeusdidit aka zeus perez designs said...

lol, dude sup! one day we must get together and catch up with the madness.

cheers